Upper/lower freq bounds for speech M/F/children ??

Hi,   Hearing aids can boost frequencies up to about 8KHz.   However very low frequencies and higher frequencies do not need to be boosted because they are outside the main speech areas.   However can anyone suggest a pragmatic lower & upper bound "cutoff" frequency where we don't really need to boost speech sounds?   The upper speech frequency of very young, female speakers I assume would be the upper limit ... does anyone know this frequency?   How about the lower end? What low frequencies do we not need to boost? I assume this would correspond to the lowest freq edge of a deep adult male voice.   Thanks!   Richard