HRTF Question

Hi,

I'm currently doing some research into head-related transfer functions.

In the articles that I've looked at so far, it's mentioned that the
torso plays a role in the creation of the perceptual cues that enable
sound source localization.

I'm curious as to whether there has been any research comparing
whole-body rotation (i.e. where the head and body move as one unit) as
opposed to head-only rotation (where the body remains fixed as in
sitting in a chair and turning the head to look sideways).

It seems that the HRTFs for these two cases would be different as the
ears' positions with respect to the shoulders/torso is not the same?

Is that correct?

Are there any articles that examine this issue?

Cheers,

Chris Share