Res: Re: synthesis/analysis: where is the error?

Thank you all very much! The responses are really helpful.

About the sounds I intend to use:

pitch: 115 Hz

F1 Continuum: from 300 Hz to 700 Hz in steps of 10 Hz.

Formant values: (300-700);  1160; 2500; 3500; 4500...(up to F10)

Formant Bandwidths: 50,100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800 (is it OK?).

Duration: 300 ms; rise/fall time:25 ms.

The program I am employing both for analysis and synthesis is Praat (for I dont have a Klatt synthesizer). The algorithm for the formant analysis is the Burg algorithm. The window is gaussian-like with sidelobes below -120 dB (whatever it means!) and lenght of 0.025 seconds.

The sampling frequency is 10050.

Some examples:

(F1 value specified in the synthesis/obtained F1 value in the analysis)

300/319.8

380/377.7

430/453.4

500/499.1

550/570.4

600/592.9

620/620.2

630/637.7

660/680.5

I have maked two vowel continua: the first one is a F1 continuum from 300 Hz to 700Hz (step size = 10 Hz) simply as synthesised by Praat. The second one is the first one adjusted according to the analysis results (assuming that the discrepancy between  synthesis and analysis results from some kind of interaction among the formants and between the formants and F0 and other parameters).

If the analysis is the main source of the discrepancy I can then use the first continuum assuming that the synthesis gives me the "right " F1 values, right?