Re: Unix play command

Greetings,
I'm not on my MacOS X box right now, and it's quite a long time that I
looked at audio capabilities of MacOS, so I may be wrong or outdated.
As far as I can remember, /dev/snd doesn't exists on MacOS, you should
use CoreAudio instead.

Practically speaking, you may try this:
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/PlayAudioFileLite/PlayAudioFileLite.html

Hope this helps,