regarding bat's vocalizaion and its signal structure

Dear Lists

Recently I've read Schnitzler's paper titled ' Echolocation by
insect-eating bats' and it was so amusing. He tried to map bat's signal
structure into typical echolocation task and distinct functional groups.
He said, narrow band signals is good for target classification and broad
band for target localization.

After reading it, I am wondering if there is any paper to specify and
analyze the reason the above statements about correlation between signal
frequency band and its functional task. Could you recommend any book or
paper?