Re: Perception of sequential tones as simultaneous tones.

Note that in most recordings there is a fair amount of reverberation. This
can turn a rapid sequence of notes into a "chord" in much the same way as
holding a pedal down on a piano while playing an arpeggio creates a chord.
Any testing of the perception of rapid pitch sequences should take
the method of tone production into account.

Jim Beauchamp