illustration needed--found

Title: illustration needed--found
Many thanks to those who were kind enough to send so  references, files or links for a graphic example of the 'spaces between words.' . However, no sooner did I sent out that request to the list than I searched (for what I had written about fetal auditory ability in the Word file of a long book on the cognitive psychology of meaning that I've been working on for some time) and found Jenny Saffran's example, below, which I had forgotten I'd stuck in the ms. It actually illustrates exactly what I had in mind. Others may find it helpful as well.

Saffran, J. R. (2003). Statistical language learning: Mechanisms and constraints. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 12, 110-114.

Denis Donovan
Denis M. Donovan, M.D., M.Ed., F.A.P.S.
The Children's Center for Developmental Psychiatry
6675 - 13th Avenue North, Suite 2-A
St. Petersburg, Florida 33710-5483

Phone:       727-345-2400
FAX:        727-345-8808