Re: Cochlear AGC attack/release times

Brian Strope wrote a very nice Ph.D. dissertation on the topic (1998) and
an IEEE article (1997). He derived the attack/release times from
carefully-designed forward-masking experiments:

B. Strope and A. Alwan, "A model of dynamic auditory perception and its
application to robust word recognition," IEEE Transactions on Speech and
Audio Processing, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 451-464, September 1997.

Both the dissertation and article can be downloaded from our website.
http://www.icsl.ucla.edu/~spapl/

Regards,
Abeer