Re: equal loudness calculation

At 12:54 Uhr +0200 18.04.2005, Jose-Javier Lopez wrote:
 in this case, I don't want to filter a sound, but simply scale its
 amplitude.
 Or is there a way to make the formula itself efficient by
 implementing it as a filter?

If you have your data in freq domain, just use the equation for weighting. In this case you don't need to filter in time domain.

ok, that seems good.

if anyone else needs it, here is the formula mapping freq to amp:

(
var k = 3.5041384e16;
var c1 = pow(20.598997,2);
var c2 = pow(107.65265,2);
var c3 =  pow(737.86223,2);
var c4 = pow(12194.217,2);

{|f|
  var r = pow(f,2);
  var m1 = pow(r,4);
  var n1 = pow(c1 + r, 2);
  var n2 = c2 + r;
  var n3 = c3 + r;
  var n4 = pow(c4 + r, 2);
  var level = k * m1 / (n1 * n2 * n3 * n4);
  sqrt(level)
};

)

JJ