Re: propagation speed of the traveling wave

I would recommend a pair of papers that just came out from Mario
Ruggero's lab::

Recio-Spinoso A, Temchin AN, van Dijk P, Fan YH, Ruggero MA.
Wiener-kernel analysis of responses to noise of chinchilla auditory-nerve
fibers. J Neurophysiol. 2005 Jan 19; [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 15659532

Temchin AN, Recio-Spinoso A, van Dijk P, Ruggero MA.
Wiener kernels of chinchilla auditory-nerve fibers: verification using
vibrations. J Neurophysiol. 2005 Jan 19; [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 15659530

David C. Mountain, Ph.D.
Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Boston University