Re: Pitch in a non-animate world -- Bells

Hi all,

One need not travel to Korea and hear the bell to here the inner voice.
Because of the standard piano tuning methods (the three strings of a
mid-range or a treble note are slightly mistuned), the pitch of a sustained
note shift upwards over time, although I doubt if anybody but the pianist
will actually hear it (it is a faint and decaying sound with few
harmonics). So, my piano's inner voice is a shy, bass-less tiny piano tuned
slightly higher.

Pierre