Re: Consonant speech database

> Dear Members,
>
> I am working on a project where I need to do some recognition
> experiments only
> on consonant sounds (or in other words, speech dominated by consonant
> sounds).
> Can anyone please suggest me where I can find such a Consonant speech
> database
> or Consonant-Vowel-Consonant (CVC) speech database?

Robert Shannon (bshannon@xxxxxxx,
http://www.hei.org/research/scientists/shannonbio.htm) has made
available
such a database though I think it is mostly VCV rather than CVC. I do
not
remember exactly how it can be accessed but you may certainly ask him
directly.

Yours sincerely.
Olivier Crouzet.

--
  Olivier Crouzet
  Laboratoire de Linguistique -- LLING -- EA3728

     phone:        (+33) 02 40 14 14 05 (lab.)
                   (+33) 02 40 14 14 36 (office)
     fax:          (+33) 02 40 14 13 27
     e-mail:       olivier.crouzet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  http://www.lettres.univ-nantes.fr/aai/