Student Interested in Music Transmission Index as a Possible Research Topic

Hi,

I'm a research student at the Sonic Arts Research Centre in Belfast,
U.K. (http://www.sarc.qub.ac.uk/).

I'm currently in the process of formulating my research topic. My
background is in music (performance and composition) and computer
science however I have spent most of my first year reading material
related to psychoacoustics.

I'm very interested in hearing people's opinions/advice on whether the
formulation of a "Music Transmission Index" would be a suitable
Phd-level research topic. It doesn't seem that much has been done in
this area, and that it would have useful practical applications.

Regards,

Chris Share