Dyslexia and Inferior Colliculus

Thanks to everyone for their response.  Apparently at present there are no studies that indicate pathology at the level of the IC.  There is pathology in the form of overabundance of small neurons and similar "Dyslexic" characteristics at the level of the medial geniculate, predominantly in the left hemisphere.  This would account for some of the temporal auditory processing disorders that are present among dyslexics.

Follow up question?.  Is anybody besides me using the Random Gap Detection Test routinely among those children with reading disorders or speech and language disorders.  I'm getting an very high rate of abnormal gap detection among these children, particularly dyslexics and those who have had a history of malnutrition.

Barb

Our best dial-up offer is back. Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6 months @ $9.95/month now!