ear canal lengths

Hello all – I’m teaching my Physics of Speech students about ear canal resonances today and want to create examples and homework problems that include actual ear canal lengths, but am having trouble finding this information on the web.

My question: What RANGE of ear canal lengths are typically observed in adults and in children?

Thanks in advance…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sarah Hargus Ferguson, Ph.D., CCC-A

Assistant Professor

Department of Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders

University of Kansas

Dole Center

1000 Sunnyside Ave., Room 3001

Lawrence, KS  66045

office: (785)864-1116

Speech Acoustics and Perception Lab: (785)864-0610

http://www.lsi.ku.edu/ipcd/FAC/Bios/FergusonBio.html