Jobs in Genetics of Deafness

Dear List Members,

I have been asked to send the following job announcements to the
list.  Please do not reply to me.

Brian Moore

Genetics of deafness:  Team 27, led by Karen P Steel

Recruitment

I am currently re-establishing my research team at the Sanger
Institute.  In addition to specific hypothesis-driven projects building
upon our previous observations in mouse mutants with hearing and balance
defects, we plan to undertake a large-scale screen to discover new genes
involved in development, function, and long-term maintenance of the
auditory system.  Other systems, such as vision, may be studied as
appropriate to specific mutants.  An indication of the range of approaches
we use can be obtained from the publications listed on the Team 27 web
pages.  Newly-refurbished laboratory space will be provided by the Sanger
Institute, and a large mouse facility is under construction.  Furthermore,
we benefit from the considerable expertise of our colleagues at the Sanger
Institute in genomic analysis.  I anticipate building up my team to around
15 researchers.  These posts are funded by the MRC, the Wellcome Trust and
Defeating Deafness, and are available as soon as suitable candidates can be
found.  Over the next year I plan to appoint to the following posts:

Senior microscopist
Senior auditory physiologist
Two further physiologists
Postdoctoral Research Associates
Graduate Research Assistants
Two animal technicians, one a senior post
PhD students

The posts listed are flexible ranging from three year to open-ended
contracts; salary and tenure will depend upon skills and previous
experience.  Applications are welcomed from energetic individuals with a
commitment to high-quality science in the context of developing
high-throughput approaches to data-gathering.  Informal enquires may be
addressed to Karen P Steel at kps@sanger.ac.uk  The deadline for
applications for the first round of interviews will be 23rd January 2004,
but expressions of interest in later rounds are welcomed.

Please write with your CV and current salary details quoting reference 695
and stating which post is of interest to you to:  Human Resources
Department, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Genome Campus, Hinxton,
Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK, or email your application to
humanresources@sanger.ac.uk

Brian C.J. Moore, Ph.D, FMedSci, FRS
Professor of Auditory Perception,
Department of Experimental Psychology,