Re: Voice Quality

Srk,

There is a standard recommendation P.862 from ITU-T. It is called, PESQ (perceptual evaluation of speech quality) and is designed to estimate the quality of speech processed by telephone networks. It basically compares a reference speech and it's degraded version to come up with the estimated quality of the degraded speech in MOS-scale. It's probably what you're looking for.

You can find some references in the issue J. Audio Eng. Soc., October 2002.

Regards,

---
Doh-Suk Kim