job opening at Siemens Audiological Engineering

Dear List:

Siemens Audiological Engineering is a leading manufacturer
of hearing systems on a worldwide scale. At our headquarters
in Erlangen, Germany, we currently have an immediate job opening
for an Audiological Research Engineer (for a detailed description,
please see below). This job opening is additional to the job opening
posted on the list earlier this year.

At Siemens Audiological Engineering, a wide range of
professional opportunities in research and development
await you, as well as a young, motivated, and dynamic team.
Through skilled application of our innovative technological
research we aim to enhance the quality of life of people around
the globe.

We look forward to meeting successful applicants for this position.

For more information on this job opening, we invite you to contact

   Volkmar Hamacher
   Group leader signal processing and audiological research

   Volkmar.Hamacher@siemens.com
   Phone:  ++49 (0)9131 3083370

Position: R&D engineer in audiology

Responsibilities
to design, develop, and evaluate fitting strategies for new digital hearing instruments
to initiate, design and supervise audiological field tests and clinical trials
to carry out and evaluate tests with subjects and electroacoustic measurements of hearing instruments
to participate in basic research projects on auditory perception, hearing-instrument fitting and signal processing
to support the definition of new signal-processing schemes for digital hearing instruments
to support product management and marketing with audiological expertise
to support the audiological specification of new products
to author scientific papers and presentations

Education
M.Sc degree (or equivalent) in physics, electrical or medical engineering, or audiology. Preferably Ph.D.

Experience
Experience with teams having diverse backgrounds and with international cooperation
Preferably professional audiological experience (clinical, research or industry)
Preferably project experience (either as project leader or as team member)

Skills
Cooperation in project teams
Communication
Analytical skills