A post-doctoral position

To the Auditory List,

A post-doctoral position will be available at the Department of Acoustic
Design, Kyushu University.  (Kyushu Institute of Design, to which we belong,
is going to be united with Kyushu University.)  The period will begin in
October, 2003, and will end in March, 2005.  Although the amount of money to
be paid is not yet clear, I guess it will be more than 180,000 yen/month,
enough for a simple but comfortable life in Fukuoka, which is very different
from Tokyo.

The employed researcher will be a research associate for a governmental
'Center of Excellence (COE)' program called 'Design of Artificial
Environments on the Basis of Human Sensibility'.  Desirable fields are
perceptual psychology (auditory perception and time perception) and
psycholinguistics (the relationship between auditory perception and
phonology).

I will be the supervisor, and all the correspondence should be with me.
Anybody interested is invited to my website:

http://www.kyushu-id.ac.jp/~ynhome/ENG/YN/index.html

Applications should be sent to me by email, and should include the
applicant's CV and email addresses of three professional referees.  I need
the names of applicants within a couple of weeks, and would like all the
applicants to send me short messages beforehand, as quickly as possible.

Yoshitaka Nakajima

Yoshitaka NAKAJIMA, PhD
Professor, Dept. of Acoustic Design
Kyushu Institute of Design (to be a part of Kyushu Univ.)
Fukuoka 815-8540, Japan
Telephone: +81 92 553 4558
Facsimile: +81 92 553 4520
!