Re: Xwaves sound file format conversion

Laura Redi wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a method for converting ".sd" or ".d"
> format soundfiles generated by Xwaves software (by Entropic Corp.) to
> Microsoft .wav format (or another well-known format like .aiff or .au).
> Thanks in advance for any leads.

The Edinburgh Speech Tools Library contains a program called 'ch_wave'
that will convert *.sd files to *.wav files, as well as, perform a
number of other manipulations on sound files.

The command line looks like this:

$ ch_wave inputfile.sd -o outputfile.wav

Here is the documentation:
http://festvox.org/docs/speech_tools-1.2.0/x444.htm

Hope this helps.

--
Tony Miller
Auditory Physics Group, Eaton-Peabody Laboratory