From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA] On Behalf Of Aniruddh Patel
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:00 PM
To: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
Subject: portable digital recorder

Dear List,

I've been searching for a small, portable digital recording device for
recording short snippets of my 2-year old's speech.  I wanted something
which would allow me to transfer the clips to a computer as .wav files.

I recently found a product at Radio Shack, a 90-minute Digital Recorder
(Product # 14-1196, photos and information available at
http://www.radioshack.com by entering this product number).  It fits in
the palm and makes surprisingly good recordings, which can be
transferred to disk using the provided software.  One drawback is that
at the "high quality" setting, recording time is more like 22 minutes.

I was wondering if anyone else is using portable digital recorders and
has done some comparison shopping.  Could I get a better product for a
similar price?  (This one was on sale for $80.00).

Thanks,
Ani Patel

--
Aniruddh D. Patel, Ph.D.