Re: Fast Trills or How fast are fast trills?

On a harp you're looking at an action similar to that on a guitar in that the
movements of the strings themselves and their amount of flexing would have some
effect as would the type of string material used.  However, in theory this could
prove to be the fastest.  As Christian pointed out earlier, some actions are
shorter than that of a grand piano which can allow for some speed but there are
still limitations even though although minimally.  I primarily work on pianos,
guitars, and banjos so these are the ones I have the most familiarity but I do
sometimes work on other keyboard/action instruments and harps.  A harp, for
example, is plucked whereas a piano is percussed by the hammers so we're talking
about different methodologies.  If what you're looking for is the fastest trills
possible I wonder about some of the wind instruments.

Tom

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html