localization/hearing

Hello Martin and Eckard,

The part of the e-mail:

"If I recall correctly, Bob Fendrich told me that there are people who
lost hearing but paradoxically they are able to indicate the location of
a sound source."

caught my attention.

In the book: "Foundations of Modern Auditory Theory" Jerry V. Tobias
(ed) Academic Press 1972 vol 2. Chapter Eleven, page 467, Tobias himself