Re: Reference about 'active mechnics of the cochlea'?

Yadong Wang asked:

> "There is even evidence that the outer hair cells have a motor
> function, changing their length and shape in response to electrical
> stimulation (Ashmore 1987)."  -- Moore-97
>
> Anybody can give me some recent references on this topic?

M.Charles Liberman, Jiangang Gao, David Z.Z.He, Xudong Wu, Shuping Jia &
Jian Zuo. Prestin is required for electromotility of the outer hair cell and
for the cochlear amplifier. Nature 419, 300-304, 19 Sep 2002.

Abstract and comment at:

http://w1.570.telia.com/~u57011259/Liberman.htm

Martin

Martin Braun