Re: Ultrasound playback setup

> I would be happy to get some suggestions for ultrasound (rat range, i.e.
up  to about 70-80 kHz) computer playback setup: D/A (soundcard),
amplifier, loudspeaker.

http://www.motu.com/english/motuaudio/HD192/body.html
Should do well as a "soundcard" / converter.

I would recommend electrostatics for your transducers - most dynamic
tweeters are only reliable up to about 40 kHz or so. The Sennheiser
electrostatic headphones are measured to around 60 kHz. You might find a
ribbon tweeter that goes up there, but again, get the measurements. Piezo's
might be an option, but they typically exhibit a lot of distortion
characteristics.

Cheers
-geoff

Geoff Martin Ph.D.