Re: The Bach Choral Dilemma

My favorite is the set by Pierre Fournier. I also recommend the Suites by
Anner Bilsma, Rostropovich, Ma, and (of course) Casals. However, all of
these cellists break up "streaming" whenever they feel that a prolonged
bass note is indicated for structural and harmonic emphasis reasons.
Because of his rhythmic vigor (which does favor streaming to arise), Ma is
maybe the streamingest cellist.

Strictly my opinion.

Pierre Divenyi