Speech Positions Available

I wanted to make people on the list aware of the fact that we have two research positions available.  Feel free to contact me for additional information.

Walt

Research Positions in Speech and Language

The Boys Town National Research Hospital in Omaha, Nebraska announces two positions for individuals interested in establishing nationally recognized, clinically relevant research programs in the areas of speech perception, speech production, voice and/or language development.    The laboratories and related clinical facilities will be housed in the new Lied Learning and Technology Center for Childhood Deafness and Vision Disorders, to be completed in the fall of 2003.
Research coordinators are expected to develop independent, externally funded research programs in areas related to the clinical and outreach activities at the Hospital.  This would include work in the areas of speech and language development in normal children and in those with disabilities, issues associated with use of hearing aids and cochlear implants, speech physiology, perceptual learning, and speech and language disorders with genetic etiologies.
BTNRH provides a supportive research environment with a large and diverse clinical population, a research-oriented clinical staff, excellent technical support, an emphasis on collaboration, well established research programs in hearing research and in hereditary communication disorders, and close ties to nearby universities.
New laboratory space, along with generous equipment and start-up funds, is available for two research-coordinator positions.  Applicants for these positions should have a PhD in experimental psychology, speech science, speech/language pathology or a related field.  Applicants at all levels will be considered.  Starting date and salary range are negotiable.
Send letter of application, CV and three letters of recommendation to:  Walt Jesteadt, BTNRH, 555 N. 30th St., Omaha, NE  68131 or jesteadt@boystown.org.