Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:36:46 -0600 (CST)
From: Tom Brennan <g_brennantg@TITAN.SFASU.EDU>
To: Fatima Husain <fhusain@CNS.BU.EDU>
Cc: g_brennantg <g_brennantg@TITAN.SFASU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Filter PET scanner noise

You might try a throat mic although speech quality will be somewhat compromised.
I have used bone conduction mics but have been dissatisfied with the quality of
reproduction with them.  One other thing you might try is to use either computer
averaging or a dsp technique to filter out the scanner noise.  However, this
will be difficult to do since the scanner is so loud.

One other thing that might be tried is the use of a steno microphone such as
court recorders use.  I've used them in classrooms and they do cut out a good
deal of outside noise.

Tom

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html