Research in music and language

Dear List,

I have been sent the following enquiry by one Nikki Moran of City
University, London, UK, who is interested in biomusical approaches to music
and language acquisition.  I am unable to help her in this regard, and
wondered if anyone on the list knows names of  experts doing research in
this area.  If you yourself are one such expert, please do not be
diffident.  I enclose part of her original message below.

Please send any replies to me personally, rather than congest the list.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Royal

>I am a final year undergraduate student . . . at City
>University in London, considering options for postgraduate study.  I am
>interested in how music and spoken languages are related, an area
>which I am currently studying for my dissertation.  I am fascinated
>by the biomusicological approach, and am also trying to get to grips
>with a lot of the developmental psychology on this subject.
>I am keen to study abroad, particularly Canada or the States.

Dr. Matthew Royal
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Dept. of Theory and Composition
Faculty of Music