Re: Autocorrelation

Christian,

I would like to suggest that you place some samples on the web
that demonstrate the effects you are talking about, along with
a short summary of your paper(s), describing and summarizing
your point of view. Many of us are interested (some at a superficial
level) and we would like to better understand the arguments, and
get up to speed with all of this discussion, without spending a day,
or days, doing it. If, by chance, you already have such a web site,
then this would be a great time to give us the URL.

One short question: Do you, Christian, feel that the tails of tuning
curves is relevant to your mechanism B, or to mechanism A for that
matter? If so, would you please articulate why you feel that way?

Thanks,

        Jont

--
Jont B. Allen
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory, E161

"You can't hope to win unless you know how to lose."
"An expert is one who has made all the mistakes in a subfield."
"Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment."
"Experience is what you get when you dont get what you want." -rlg