Speech and music analysis

Dear List:

I am a Ph. D. student in neuropsychology, working under the supervision
of Dr. Peretz at the University of Montreal. We are actually looking for
computer programs able to make accurate pitch extraction in order to
analyze speech production, music production without words (i.e.
humming), and song production (i.e singing with words).

We already looked at Signalyze, Speech Station, PC Quirer and CSRE, and
they seem
more adequate for speech than for music processing. We'd like to have
your opinion about that. Does anyone know other programs that would
fulfill our needs?

Thank you in advance,
Amélie Racette

Amélie Racette (Ph. D. student)