Re: Detection of harmonics and rhythmic structure

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Neil Todd wrote:

> compute the modulation power spectrum (see refs below).
> the most recent version of this has the following components
>
> (i)   outer-middle ear,         standard table
> (ii)  gammatone filter bank
> (iii) hair-cell
> (iv)  low-pass                  40 Hz
> (v)   onset-cells
> (vi)  modulation band-pass filter bank,         approx. 0.5 - 16 Hz

The other components are clear, but could you point me towards
a description of an onset-cell model (or tell me which of your references
contains the exact description of the model)?
Thanks,
               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *