Weber and Fechner

Dear List,

Does anybody know of a good summary (historical and scientific) of Weber
and Fechner. Maybe a book chapter, for example? I am interested, for example,
on what medium they mainly worked with (sound, light, weight, ...), historical
tidbits, a background of what was known at the time, how much mathematics
they really had in their work, and stuff like that.

I know about Boring's book on the History of Psychophysics, and I plan to
give that a whirl (I am worried that it is long and tedious to read).

        -Jont B. Allen

AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory
180 Park Ave., Room E161, Florham Park NJ 07932-0971
973/360-8545voice, x7111fax, http://www.research.att.com/info/jba

-My favorite URL: www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/history

WHO SAID:
 "You can fool ALL of the people SOME of the time, and SOME of the people
 ALL of the time, but you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time"?
      a) Abe Lincoln, b) Linus Torvalds, c) Bill Gates