[Fwd: granular synthesis and auditory segmentation]

--- Begin Message ---
meijer@NATLAB.RESEARCH.PHILIPS.COM wrote:
> ... I'd love to hear
> about *psychophysical* auditory perception experiments that
> unambiguously demonstrate temporal processing in humans in
> the 3 to 5 kHz range! My expectation is that such results
> have not been found...

I think this question needs some clarification. If you beat two tones at 10 kHz,
say beat 10 and 10.05 kHz tones, you will hear the 50 HZ beat. This
is clearly due to "temporal processing" above 5 kHz.

> Best wishes,
>
> Peter Meijer

Jont
--
Jont B. Allen, Room E161
AT&T Labs-Research

"Your mouse has been moved. Please reboot WingdowsNT in order for the"
"changes to take effect."
"Please hit START to stop windows"

--- End Message ---