Re: granular synthesis and auditory segmentation

Pierre,

>I agree with Jim Beauchamp -- it would be most instructive to refer the
readers to your 93 AES text.
        ... I do apologize if I've left something out in my reference to the 93
AES paper.
        ... I assumed (sorry again!) that a search of the AES papers under my name
        would find ...
                        - "Phoneme Recognition During a Cocktail Party"
                        - Richard J. Fabbri
                        - Scarce Ideas
                        - Preprint 3553 (D3-3)
                        - 94th AES Convention
                        - 1993 March 16-19

        ... I've discussed with Dan Ellis the idea of attaching an Acrobat file to
a Posting
        and he advised to --- NOT --- do that as he thought such may appear as a huge
        binary file to some LIST members!
        ... Irrespective to what Jim mentioned, my posting was not an ad and, I do
not have
        a Web Site from which to post the above Acrobat file !
        ... I would certainly (directly) email the Acrobat file to anyone with an
interest in reading
        this paper (and having the appropriate email app to receive a MIME, BinHex
or Uuencode).

>This would be expecially fruitful to those of us actually doing auditory
segregation experiments along
>the lines mentioned, even if ours is only lower-case research.
        ... What does "lower-case" research mean ?
        ... Does this refer to the vast resources of my 1-man company ?
        ... I admit to being a capitalist but, I've sacrificed much to maintain a
"current" library
        and do this type of research on a personally funded budget.
        ... I DO have very modern resources such as the SHARC DSP and Mathematica
        but, I assure you, this is the result of careful planning and solid,
multi-disciplinary training.

Best Regards,
Rich

Email to AUDITORY should now be sent to AUDITORY@lists.mcgill.ca