Ear training for musicians

As book review editor of MUSIC PERCEPTION, I am looking for someone to
review a small book on ear training for musicians ("Aural Awareness:
Principles and Practice" by George Pratt). I would like to see this as
an opportunity for an auditory psychologist to comment on the relevance
of psychological research to the training of auditory skills, and perhaps
also on the usefulness of such training results to psychological science.
There has been remarkably little interaction between auditory/music
psychologists and music educators in this area, even though the issues
involved should be of interest to both groups. Is there anyone out there
who has given any thought to this topic and who would be interested in
writing a review-essay for MUSIC PERCEPTION? Please contact:

Bruno H. Repp
Haskins Laboratories
270 Crown Street
New Haven, CT 06511-6695

Phone:   (203) 865-6163 (10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
FAX:     (203) 865-8963
e-mail:  repp@haskins.yale edu
WWW:     http://www.haskins.yale.edu/Haskins/STAFF/repp.html

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8d on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv