Re: What's a compelling example of sonification?

> What would you tell them? What do you think are the potential "killer" app
> that takes sonification out of the niche world into the mainstream?

I read an interesting interview with a Wall Street guy the other
day, he was saying that in "the old days" he could get a good
sense of the "emotion" of a market by listening to nuances of
the babble in his trading room, but in the modern era of computerized
trading the room was relatively "unreadable". So maybe this is a
killer app ... there's precedent for Wall Street apps to be
breakthrough territory for new technologies, for example, one
can make the case that neural-networks have found their most
financially-successfull applications on the Street ...

                                                --john lazzaro

Email to AUDITORY should now be sent to AUDITORY@lists.mcgill.ca
LISTSERV commands should be sent to listserv@lists.mcgill.ca
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv