Iowa Musical Instrument Samples (fwd)

From: Larry Fritts <lawrence-fritts@uiowa.edu>

The University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios are creating a free online
database of musical instrument samples.  Each instrument has been recorded
in an anechoic chamber at three dynamic levels for each chromatic note.
The files are in mono 16-bit, 44.1 aiff format.

We currently have oboe, bassoon, and horn online.  We expect to have other
winds and brass by the end of the summer, with strings to follow in the
fall.

Future plans include having visiting artists record representative samples
from the repertoire.

The samples are on the University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios at
http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/.

Lawrence Fritts
Director, Electronic Music Studios
University of Iowa
<lawrence-fritts@uiowa.edu>

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8c on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv