Re: analog sound demonstrations

Regarding Richard Parncutt's ideas re: an analog device for demonstrating
and playing with masking, beats, etc.:

Jim Beauchamps answers seem reasonable but carrying around a NeXT is the
kind of thing Richard wanted to avoid. Analog oscillators and mixers are
easy enough to build. I know of music-oriented people here in Portland, OR
who are doing this. If there's enough interest in such a box I could let
them know; perhaps they'd meet the challenge. I agree with Jim that old
analog synthesizers are just too cranky to deal with for this kind of
application. Besides, they lack stability and compactness.

Greg

Gregory Kramer
Clarity/Santa Fe Institute
310 NW Brynwood Lane