Re: Gammatone analysis/synthesis

At 5:59 PM 9/26/96, Joe Pompei wrote:
>        Has anyone here experimented with resynthesizing audio signals after
>they have been decomposed with gammatone filters?

Piece of cake!

Check out our work on Auditory Model inversion.  The paper is available on
my web page at
        http://www.interval.com/~malcolm/pubs.html
The work was presented at ICASSP in 1992.  The work I did went all the way
through the cochlear model, to a correlogram and then back to audio.  The
result was nearly indistinguishable from the original sound.  The
techniques are the same for a gammatone filter.

Other work in the area was also done by Yang and Shamma (who showed me the
filter-bank inversion technique) and many others.  Some of the references
can be found in my paper.

-- Malcolm