From:   Phil Safier, INTERNET:psafier@Rt66.com
TO:     (unknown), INTERNET:WELCH@MUSIC.MCGILL.CA
DATE:   12/29/95 10:57 AM

RE:     psychoacoustics

Sender: psafier@rt66.com

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 95 08:45:54 MST
To: welch@music.mcgill.ca
From: Phil Safier <psafier@Rt66.com>
Subject: psychoacoustics

I visited your website and thought that you may be able to point me in the
right direction.

I want to find research on the use of sound as therapy. Specifically, has
anyone investigated the effects of listening to sounds that move in space. I
am referring to so-called 3D sounds heard through headphones. I have come
across several examples such as Holophonics (tm).

It seems to me that when the listener "tracks" sounds as they move across,
behind, up and down, etc., the brain has to process the information and
organize it. Perhaps some people with neurological disorders would benefit
from such activity.

At any rate, I hope you understand my interest and have some suggestions for