Recorded Environmental Sounds

Dear Auditory List Members,

I'm about to buy a set of recorded environmental sounds for auditory research,
but I only know of one good source.  I like a collection from Tonal Images
called the Hollywood Edge Sound Effects Collection.  This collection includes
many good-quality sounds I can use, and it's even endorsed by Oliver Stone and
Martin Scorsese. ;-)  But I thought I'd check to see whether anyone on this
list knows of other good sources of recorded environmental sounds that might be
better or cheaper. (The Hollywood Edge collection is around $300.  It's only
available for NEXTSTEP, on CD-ROM.)

Please send any suggestions to me and I'll summarize for the auditory group.

Regards,
Gary
---
Gary R. Kidd
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405

kidd@indiana.edu