Re: Mac-based sound tools

If you have access to Matlab 4.x, there is a nice sound
editing environment written by Peter Assmann called Track
Draw. It includes waveform editing, Spectrogram computation,
a speech synthesizer and pitch analysis. Sound playback is
handled by Matlab and (I believe) by default is played over
the built-in Mac. sound capabilites. You could, however,
write your own play function to handle your avaliable
hardware. The Track Draw package is avaliable via FTP from
ftp.utdallas.edu. If you would like more information about
what Track Draw can/can't do, feel free to reply to me direct
at my email address below.

Best wishes,
Dwayne Paschall
paschall@utdallas.edu