multiple dues for multiple papers?

I'm being asked to pay twice the dues at a conference where I'm presenting
two papers.  This strikes me as unusual.  Does someone out there have any
experience (as conference attendee or organizer) either one way or the
other?  Please respond directly rather to me than to the list.

Thanks,

Alain.

Alain de Cheveigne'                       phone: (33) (1) 44273633
                                            fax: (33) (1) 44277919
e-mail:      alain@linguist.jussieu.fr
NeXT-format: nalain@linguist.jussieu.fr
nihongo:     jalain@linguist.jussieu.fr
mail: Laboratoire de Linguistique Formelle, CNRS / Universite'
Paris 7, case 7003, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris CEDEX 05, FRANCE.