[no subject]

Chuck Watson, in a personal message re/ the Shepard/Deutsch/Repp
tritone issue writes:

   "I can believe that there might be some systematic differences in temporal
    weighting, or spectral weighting, or almost any sort of weighting in what
    I've called "proclivity" measures...at least among individuals (cultures
    as similar as Brits and U.S. are harder to buy).  Less likely if you
    confine your measures to capabilities, of course.  I would like to know
    how big these so-called differences are?"

As to myself, I have the hunch that Richard Parncutt is on the right track.
The problem I see is the paradigm: with a complex stimulus like this,
coupled with a paradigm in which capabilities and proclivities live
in sinful concubinage, almost everything is possible. Do I understand
it correctly, Richard, that the results are expected to change
as a function of the frequency region which the subject listens in? If this is
true, then why not to pass the whole sequence through some bandpass filter
and see what happens when we take away from the subject the freedom
to pick the listening band that supposedly lies closest to his idiosyncratic
or cultural proclivities?

Pierre Divenyi