Re: Jeffress model ( was: neurophysiology and missing fundamental)

The Delgutte and Cariani reference Alain mentioined is

Belgutte B, Cariani P (1992): "Coding of pitch of harmonic and inharmonic
 complex tones in the interspike intervals of auditory-nerve fibers", in
 The Processing of Speech: Schouten M (ed.), Mouton-De Gruyter, Berlin.

(there may be others, but this one is the only one I can find immediately).

Alain, thanks for the excellent bibliographies.

By the way, it's time we stop thinking of "missing fundamental"
as a "problem".  For Helmholtz maybe it was a problem, but no more.

Dick Lyon                    ATG/Interactive Media/Perception Systems
Apple Computer ms 301-3M
One Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014          (408) 974-4245