[no subject]

Thanks for Punita's published poem. As the attendees may recall,
some other chairpersons followed her lead and introduced their sessions
with a riming address. Not so mine. His disrespect for an artistic
trend prompted me to cook up the following fiveliner:

To Bill Hartmann, Chair of Session 4aMU (Auditory Organization in
       Music and Speech II: Melody and Rhythm)

        I was writing grants at home,
        yet I came here, where wild elk roam
        only to find a chairman-host