Re: within- vs. across-stream organization

While searching through some journals for information on an unrelated
topic, I stumbled upon some papers possibly relating to my question on
within- vs. across-stream organization question:

M.F-St. George & A.S.Bregman (1989).  Role of predictability of sequence
in auditory stream segregation.  Perception & Psychophysics 46/4,
384-386.

S. Handel, M.S. Weaver & G.Lawson (1983).  Effect of rhythmic grouping
on stream segregation.  Journal of Experimental Psychology:  Human
Perception and Performance 9/4, 637-651.

W.J.Dowling, K.M-T.Lung & S.Herrbold (1987).  Aiming attention in pitch
and time in the perception of interleaved melodies.  Perception &
Psychophysics 41/6, 642-656.

Commentary to follow when I find time!

--
Gregory J. Sandell  (sandell@epunix.sussex.ac.uk)
Lab. of Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex